What a blast 2016 has been. Each new years I look back and think theres no way next year can top this one… and surprisingly it always does. I’m grateful that I’m able to live the life that I have and that I’ve had so many amazing opportunities come my way.
I didn’t really set any new years resolutions last year (if I did they can’t have been that significant because I don’t remember haaa) but I think what I changed was my attitude and outlook on life.
Just go for it. Get shit done. If you don’t do it now then you never will.
Taking this approach forced me into some amazing things last year, Climbing Kilimanjaro being just one. I think I enjoy being out of my comfort zone or maybe more so the feeling of accomplishment you get after achieving something. Setting goals that excite and scare you at the same time.
For 2017 the majority of my resolutions and long term goals will be the same (why fix whats not broken), but the rest are small and simple. Even baby steps lead up to good progress…
- Get at least 8 hours sleep (or try) and do not stay up until 3am doing uni work.
- Master the poached egg (without a poacher or cup)
- Not to buy the same thing in different colours and remind myself I’m a student on a budget.
- Spend less time on social media – its scary how many hours of our lives are probably spent scrolling on our phones.
- Stay out of my comfort zone, try everything at least once.
- And finally (cliche and obligatory) smash in the fruit & veggies and cardio sessions until I look like Margot Robbie.
Heres to another year of happiness, accomplishments, great friends and great experiences. Also to not leaving the tap running when you brush your teeth – shame on you people!